Blueberries are a powerhouse of antioxidants. Also, blueberries are one of the most influential food ingredients that can help you fight various diseases, including cancer. However, using wild frozen blueberries are even more beneficial. These berries are so healthy that they can rank as the number one adaptogenic food. That is why I have used this berry in my delicious blueberry banana smoothie recipe.
Wild blueberries are the only food that intelligently works upon the body by searching for any potential disease. It monitors stress or toxicity to heal you. They are heavy metal detoxifying and helps eliminate toxic waste from your body naturally. Not only this, wild blueberries are the most powerful brain food in existence. Check out this Blueberry Banana Oatmeal recipe for more blueberry ideas.
Anthony Williams, author of famous book Medical Medium Life-Changing Foods, says in his book that hundred years from now, medical science will use this food as a key to unlock secrets of how to heal disease. It helps you to rise again, that is, helps you achieve better health. Whenever consumed in combination with other healthy foods, it increases the overall nutritional benefits of diet consumed. Using these berries in smoothies with other fruits and plant-based milk is your best option. For me, this blueberry banana smoothie works wonder whenever I need a quick energy kick.
Why make blueberry banana smoothie or any smoothie?
- It is easy to consume daily recommended servings of fruits and vegetables through smoothies. It is way easier to eat them in smoothies than individually. Saves so much time and energy.
- Smoothies are also an excellent way to stay hydrated. Add the choice of liquid to it. I prefer plant-based milks like coconut, almond, cashew, and soy. If not milk then add plain or coconut water. Some people like to add orange juice and yogurt or buttermilk. These two work wonderfully well in any smoothie.
- You can store smoothies easily in glass jars or bottles and use later on. They stay good for 1-2 days in a refrigerator. I usually like to make fresh smoothies because it hardly takes any time with a blender. But leftovers make me happy whenever I feel in a rush to snack.
- If you are someone who wants to make smoothies without any chopping work, then consider buying a smoothie mix. Though packaged, there are some really good quality of blends available to make smoothie making a speedy process. Just mix the powder with choice of liquid, and smoothie is ready. I love products by Unicorn Superfoods because they are reliable, have good variety and prices are pretty affordable too.
- You don’t always need fresh fruits to make your favorite smoothie. Frozen fruits works miraculously well in smoothies. Since they give better taste and texture. Also, frozen fruits are better because they lock more nutrition. And the best thing is that you can enjoy certain fruits when it’s not in the season. Are you like me who buys fresh produce in abundance and worry about it getting bad soon? Then chop it all up and consider freezing them in freezer-safe bags and containers. Use them whenever making healthy smoothies.
Check out some of my other beloved smoothie recipes. I have compiled my favorite formulas over the years for all my lovely readers. Hope you will enjoy them as much as I do!!
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Frozen Wild Blueberries or Fresh Blueberries
- 1 and 1/2 cup Plant-based Milk
- 1-2 teaspoon Choice of Nut Butter
- Few Hemp Seeds or choice of seeds for garnishing and extra nutritional boost
- Blend frozen wild blueberries, banana, and plant-based milk in a blending jar.
- Transfer the smooth mixture in an empty glass
- Add a dollop of nut butter of your choice. I added peanut butter.
- You can also top it up with seeds or dried fruits. Use the choice of toppings to make it healthier and tastier.
- I used Peanut butter and melon seeds to top up my smoothie. You can avoid adding fat and protein to your smoothie in case following a detox diet.