The unconditional love of a mother for her child makes this relationship the most startling bond in this whole wide world. And that is why, to acknowledge and honor this unique form of love, we celebrate Mother’s Day. A day when we all like to pamper our moms and show them how grateful we are for their eternal love. My cute little daughter made one such effort for me with my little help, and that is chia pudding with coconut milk. Her thoughtful gift made me realize how much affect we as parents have on our kids. I was so glad that I am impacting her mind with healthy eating!! That is why she chose to make me a chia pudding given the fact that it’s so very healthy.
The relationship of a mother with her child is the most special one. For a mother, her whole universe revolves around her baby. But does the same thing goes for a baby? No, not really. A baby is closest to the one who gives him or her the utmost love and care since that’s what a baby depends on maximum in the first few years of life. The one who makes him or her feel secure. And that can be anyone. Because mostly that person is the mother, she becomes the most crucial part of a baby’s life. A baby depends on his or her mother for many things, food being the topmost priority. The moment a baby enters the mother’s womb, nourish, and nurture becomes the primary entity for a mother.
However, many times, due to this unbounded love and duty, the mother forgets about herself. She does not focus on self-care or personal ambitions. However, its extremely important that we as mothers fully indulge in self-love, if not first, then as a second priority. Giving time to yourself is not selfish rather rejuvenating. All the self-care help boost the confidence and makes way for a healthier self-image. And this further helps in bringing up a healthy child. Self-care can be anything. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy foods, exercising regularly, and getting quality sleep is probably the best form of self-care. For someone without a kid, it may sound a normal routine, but trust me for parents; these can be real challenges. Apart from this basic self-care routine, read more fun filling self-care ideas here.
And now to chia pudding with coconut milk. Chia pudding is one of my favorite recipes to eat for breakfast. Chia seeds are a healthy source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids and full of fiber. It keeps you feeling full for a more extended time, thus preventing you from snacking unnecessarily in between your meals. And that’s why many like to include chia seeds in weight loss recipes. Make chia pudding or use them raw by sprinkling over salad, cereal, toast, or soups. You can also check out my overnight chia pudding for a leisurely breakfast idea. This chia pudding recipe is overnight too, but you can also make in the morning to enjoy later in the day or evening as a dessert.
- 1 cup coconut milk or choice of milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Honey or choice of natural sweetener, as per taste
- For Garnish:
- Choice of fresh fruits
- Readymade icing pens by Wilton
- Chocolate cake pop
- Coconut flakes
- Whisk all ingredients (except garnishings) together in a small container. Try using a container from which you can easily take out the chia pudding once it sets.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- Once the pudding sets, empty the pudding in a serving plate.
- Garnish with it your choice of ingredients. You can use anything such as fresh berries, mango, banana, or any fruit you like. Top with coconut flakes, chocolate chips, nuts, and seeds.
- Optional: Decorate with readymade icing and chocolate cake pop. The cake pop was a store-bought one, but you can always make one at home. These are a few of the ideas, but you can go with your creative side. Decorate your chia pudding the way you like it.
You can refrigerate the chia pudding up to 4-5 days in the fridge. You can set your dessert in separate jars or containers for each day. Flavor each chia pudding as per your choice and enjoy different flavor combinations each time you eat a chia pudding.