This recipe is a combination of kale and spinach smoothie and parfait, which helps you stay full for more extended periods. Having smoothie by itself is impressive, but add granola and fresh fruits to it. You get more satiety and taste, of course.
Have this for breakfast or any time of the day to stay energized. It is a well-balanced dish that nourishes you and at the same time, helps you wave off any negative emotions. Also, if you are in a good mood already, consider having foods like this to uplift your energies.
Choose more plant-based foods like kale and spinach
The good thing about consuming plant-based foods is that it helps you and also this planet thrive more. It is amazing how the number of people turning to plant-based diets is on rise. I now see so many youtube channels and food blogs that are helping spread awareness about plant-based food choices. It cheers me up whenever I see a new plant-based restaurant up on the block. I hope this kale and spinach smoothie parfait cheers you up the same!
We all argue eating fish is right for your brain and chicken soup is the best remedy for fighting flu. However, it is not the case anymore since many latest studies support plant-based remedies for a healthy lifestyle. We live in an age where information is easily accessible, and it is pretty normal to fall prey to confusion. Though, I genuinely believe in following your instincts and do what suits your body. You can also check out my Tropical Papaya Smoothie recipe if you like tropical fruits.
From my experience, I can surely say that ever since I left meat and fish products along with eggs; I witnessed humongous changes in my skin and overall health. So I started this food blog mainly to share my positive experiences with a healthy plant-based diet. I wasn’t suffering from any disease. Neither I chose this path to lose weight. I realized that by eating more living foods, the soul too becomes lively. Now you would say that as plant-eater, I am killing a plant also. And I agree with you one hundred percent. This whole earth would be a beautiful forest, had we not interrupted the Nature’s way of sustaining life.
Giving humanity one more chance
It is a fact too, that by consuming more plants, we sustain ourselves and this planet in a much better way. Instead of encouraging the livestock industry on a large scale, which has pushed us towards global warming, we would be sowing seeds and plowing fields more, to grow healthy natural foods. Also, the fruit or vegetable that we eat will rot if not consumed timely; however, the animals go on to live. One apple tree will nourish generations of people, whereas one chicken would feed a maximum of 20 people. Thus the opportunity cost of that apple tree is way higher than that single chicken.
So let us invest in a better future by eating more plants and, thus, plant more plants. HAPPY WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY. SAVE EARTH AND WE SAVE EVERYTHING.
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Frozen Banana, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach leaves
- 1 Large-sized Kale leaf
- 2 tablespoon Plant-based Milk of your choice
- Granola, as per choice
- Fresh berries, as per choice
- Chia seeds and Nuts of choice, as per taste
- Add avocado, spinach leaves, banana, and chopped kale leaf to a blending jar. Pour plant-based milk of your choice and blend all the ingredients to get a smooth mixture.
- Pour half the smoothie in an empty glass. Now add some granola and fresh fruits over the first layer.
- Pour the second half of the smoothie over the first layer and top with more granola and fresh fruits.
- Instead of using berries straight away, you can make the berry compote by simply sauteeing the berries in a pan over low flame for a few seconds. This step is optional.
- Consider adding more toppings like nuts and seeds to your parfait. Drizzle over honey or nut butter of your choice.
- If you just had a green juice or any vegetable juice or following a detox diet, avoid adding fat and protein to your smoothie. Consuming fat and protein along with something detoxifying like this will distract the liver from cleansing, and the liver will immediately start its crucial function, which is to break down fats and proteins.