With the weather getting towards the warmer side, I am getting some relief with no more bundling up kids before stepping out. My little one is happy because she is getting some extra dosage of sweet therapy. I love serving fruit-based sorbets and gelato ice creams as an after school snack. Because I know my little girl must have forgotten to get her hydration levels in check during school. That is why I came up with this simple strawberry cheesecake ice cream recipe that is healthy and refreshing.
As a mom, we worry if our little ones are getting enough water or not. Kids are so engaged in playing that they forget that water is an integral part of healthy nutrition too. At least my daughter does!! To make up for that, I give her homemade treats like this yummy strawberry cheesecake ice cream that is packed with the natural goodness of fruits.
I any day prefer homemade ice creams as compared to store-bought or market variety, as mentioned in my earlier post on mixed berries ice cream with mango. At home, we can assure what goes into the growing bodies of our children is safe and healthy. Did I mention you don’t need any expensive or complicated ice cream machines to churn your ice-creams? Just a regular blender will work reasonably well to get this yummy output.
Special considerations while making Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream:
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries to make this ice cream. They both will taste fine in the ice cream. So you can enjoy this treat even when strawberries are not in season.
- If you want you can make this recipe vegan and dairy-free by substituting cream cheese with coconut cream or silken tofu.
- Also, you can avoid adding strawberry or fruit jam to reduce sugar content in the ice cream. Traditionally, strawberry cheesecake ice cream contains sweet chunks of strawberry in between. So I added strawberry jam to give that effect. However, you need not do that and simply add strawberry chunks to the smooth ice cream mixture while making it.
In my effort to continue celebrating National Ice Cream month and official summer month, I bring you this easy to make and lip-smacking ice cream recipe. Enjoy your dessert!
- 1 cup/152 g Strawberries
- 2 Ripe Banana
- 1 Tbsp Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tsp Strawberry/Fruit Jam
- Step 1 Freeze the chopped strawberries and bananas in a freezer-safe dish. When frozen, they are ready to be blended into a gelato styled ice-cream.
- In a blender, blend frozen fruits, cream cheese, lime juice, and vanilla extract until you get a smooth texture.
- Empty the mixture in a freezer-safe container.
For some extra sweetness and strawberry flavor, add strawberry jam and gently fold it into the mixture. It will taste like strawberry chunks in between like in an Italian gelato.
- Now freeze this mixture until semi-frozen.
- When it's time to serve, take the container out of the freezer 10-15 minutes prior. It will make it easier for you to scoop it out.
- Enjoy it fresh and even later whenever you like. You can store it in the freezer for up to 4-5 months.